AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: technique used in webmail pro Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
shinning star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:13am | IP Logged Quote shinning star

hi
i am new to asp.net and jquery. i tried to develop a webpage using jquery ajax to show status message live using response.fluse()..
but in between if i want to redirect to any other page using ajax than i cant.. its causes content loading using ajax. So may i know the idea behind how you are doing this.?? what is the mechanism behind this working...

thanking you in advance.

Back to Top View shinning star's Profile Search for other posts by shinning star

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I'm not sure I fully understand your request, but in case if this is about navigating through various screens of WebMail Pro, we don't use jQuery or AJAX for that. Check SetHistoryHandler method found in js/common/common-handlers.js file, it should provide you with a starting point for researching how WebMail Pro works there. The main idea behind this is that we don't just open some other screen, instead we use history storage so that user can click Back/Forward buttons in their browser and it would work as expected.

AJAX is actually used in WebMail Pro, its purpose is to send data packets between browser and web server. And I believe we only use jQuery in file uploader, and maybe for some adminpanel functions.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

shinning star

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 4:00am | IP Logged Quote shinning star

hi,

yes i want to know about this navigating part only. moreover how click events are handled? like if i want to read mail while mails are in downloading process...

More importantly how navigation is handled while downloading mails even its showing status of download process at the top center.
Back to Top View shinning star's Profile Search for other posts by shinning star

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 17 October 2011 at 5:26am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I have responded in your HelpDesk ticket.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version