AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: hMailServer installation problem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MR Naidu

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 September 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote MR Naidu

Hello there, I followed all the instructions at http://www.afterlogic.com/wiki/Integration_with_hMailServer_(WebMail_Pro_5_.NET) and I while adding new user as ASPNET I got an error "An object named "ASPNET" cannot be found. Check the selected object types and location for accuracy and ensure that you typed the object name correctly, or remove this object from the selection." What is this user ASPNET I tried installing in Window 7.
Back to Top View MR Naidu's Profile Search for other posts by MR Naidu

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 September 2011 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote Alex

First of all, make sure you're searching local users, not domain users. The name of this user depends on your IIS configuration. It can be NETWORK SERVICE,
IUSR_<SERVER_NAME>, LOCAL SERVICE, ASPNET, IUSR, "IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool", etc. Actually, IIS does not make it simple to find out which users it's running under.

You may also use this instruction (it's for MailBee.NET Objects samples but as the issue you've experiencing is not related to webmail and is a general issue of IIS), it may help you too as it highlights many aspects regarding running asp.net web applications in IIS 7:
ASP.NET Demo Projects Readme

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version