AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: LDAP auth and Display Name Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
knawrot

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 May 2013 at 1:11am | IP Logged Quote knawrot

Hi,

I'm using LDAPAuthPlugin - everithing work fine but when I'm sending mail in FROM field there is only "user@" (without display name and domain).

Is it posible to to get automaticly display name from AD, to sending mail from <FirstName LastName> user@domain.pl?
Back to Top View knawrot's Profile Search for other posts by knawrot

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 May 2013 at 1:17am | IP Logged Quote Igor

LDAP authentication layer is provided on AS IS basis (and is not available for current version 7 of the product). You can certainly modify both the plugin and the WebMail code. But if you might require assistance from the product developers on this, consider arranging Professional Services contract.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

knawrot

Posted: 27 May 2013 at 1:57am | IP Logged Quote knawrot

Igor wrote:
LDAP authentication layer is provided on AS IS basis (and is not available for current version 7 of the product).

What do you mean? I have this version and plugin works. Is this means that "officially" You do not support it?

Igor wrote:

You can certainly modify both the plugin and the WebMail code. But if you might require assistance from the product developers on this, consider arranging Professional Services contract.

OK, rework the code is not a problem for me. Can you tell me just a hint at what files (beyond the plugin) look for code that is responsible for assigned values ​​displayName?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 May 2013 at 2:11am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
What do you mean? I have this version and plugin works. Is this means that "officially" You do not support it?

Well, we didn't test it with version 7 yet. Due to major changes in product architecture, many plugins will require updating, and that process is still at its initial stage. So if the plugin actually works with v7, that's great news!

Quote:
Can you tell me just a hint at what files (beyond the plugin) look for code that is responsible for assigned values ​​displayName?

Not sure about the code level, that would require involving the developers. Anyway, the value is taken from friendly_nm field of awm_accounts database table. In your scenario, you'd probably need to populate that field's value from AD.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

knawrot

Posted: 27 May 2013 at 3:44am | IP Logged Quote knawrot

I was wrong - when I remove plugin entries from the config.php file or when I set plugins.ldap-auth to FALSE I still can log in to the system and see my mail. So it appears that the system is natively integrated with LDAP, or as something I do not understand?
Sorry for the stupid question, I'm new to your system ;-)

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 27 May 2013 at 3:47am | IP Logged Quote Igor

In terms of WebMail Pro, LDAP authentication was never designed as self-sufficient one. If you have this feature enabled, LDAP authentication will be used additionally to standard IMAP authentication, and user will only pass through if both authentications are successful. So if you disable LDAP auth, only IMAP auth is used.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version